In My Own Words - Ron Centeno

a collection of thoughts and sentiments...in my own words.


The very first award for “In My Own Words”, what an honor!

I would like to thank “A Friend named Goddy” and its maverick and outspoken author Mr. Goddy Ramirez for giving “In My Own Words” this distinction.

This ‘HONEST SCRAP AWARD’ is totally unexpected. All I wanted to do is to put words into some readable lines. I didn’t realize other bloggers deemed those words to be ‘brilliant’ as part of the requirement to earn such an auspicious accolade. I cannot overemphasize the fact that the works of the other bloggers are equally deserving of the same. I am humbled by the honor bestowed upon me. It is truly encouraging.

As they say “ with great power, comes great responsibility ” :-). The Honest Scrap Award comes with a few requirements:

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows s/he is real.

Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”


So here’s 10 honest things about me:

1. I can’t live without my Ces.

2. I would have not earned my MBA without my Ces.

3. I attended the seminary after high school. I got dismayed and moved out because of some gay priests.

4. I have stage fright. Despite having to portray the lead role in two major stage plays, those butterflies in my stomach continue to pester me.

5. Calling ABS – CBN or GMA7. I want a job similar to that of Ricky Carandang’s. I want to host a TV show with economics and politics as the issues. Long-time dream.

6. I have always been out of tune as far as I can remember. I am surprised when people ask me to sing for them.

7. I used to have very receptive memory. It’s quite rusty now.

8. I can’t survive without books. I’m married to them.

9. I had a three-year relationship with my high school teacher. She was 27, I was 14 when it started. (Oops!)

10. I used to take Tylenol PM to put me to sleep. It went for three years until I finally kicked the habit.

Now I would like to pass this award to 7 bloggers I believe deserve and meet the criteria of this award. They are so deserving of this award that I feel so unworthy to be the one presenting this to them.

The following are bloggers I respect, who are honest, willing and have the guts to tell the Honest Scrap.

Nielette Tupas of "My Not So Serious Take on Life" and "Pixie Mind"

Steve Morozumi of "Fluxlife"

Fancy of "Fancy Schmancy"

SauerkrautYankee of “Euroyank Blogs”"Euroyank Blogs”

Brenna Bustamante of "Biyachessa"

Gilbert of “"Gillboard"

Irish Santillian of "Irish on Bizz"

Sherwin Calalang of "Mokong (Anu’ng Nasa Isip Ko)"

11 Your Thoughts:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Oh Ron, it's so nice of you to mention my name in your post in a very positive way! I am also officially announcing to the world that I am your fan. Czel (Vanity's Child) and I have been talking about your posts lately and we just couldn't help but praise you for all those enlightening articles. You really deserve an award! More power to you, friend!

Ron Centeno said...

Thanks Goddy, my ears are getting big. I'll see you around.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for mentioning my name in you post Ron its an honor.Congratulations on your award. Keep in touch friend.

gillboard said...

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the award/tag... hehe... I'll see if I can squeeze this one on my next post. But it is nice to be noticed every once in awhile!!! So Thank You!!!

Ron Centeno said...

Thank you John.

Ron Centeno said...

Gilbert, yes it it does feel nice to to be noticed once in a while. So let's enjoy our "5min. of fame", then back to reality. Hehehehehe! Congratulations!

EngrMoks said...

Thank you Ron for this! I'll try to make a post about it...
Thanks Bro...
Congratz din bro!

beybes_08 said...

Thank you. This was a total shock. I will surely pass it on. =)

Ron Centeno said...

Congrats beybes!

Unknown said...

thanx ron!!! Im really flattered about this!by the way check my new site that im working of..bratsplash.com.. god blesss

Lin said...

I'm getting a vibe that you love Ces just a bit! :)

Post a Comment